Sharing Power Objectives
- Encourage parents to have a voice in all decisions that affect children.
- Address equity issues with parents.
- Develop parent leadership.
- Build families’ political connections by connecting them to local officials.
- Work with parents to develop an effective parent involvement organization that represents all families.
"Schools where parents are involved in decision making have higher levels of student achievement and greater public support" (National Standards for Parent/Family Involvement Programs, 2004, p. 20).