Supporting Student Success Objectives
- Ensure parent-teacher communication about student progress
- Link student work to academic standards.
- Share with parents how to use standardized test results to increase achievement.
- Share school progress towards goals.
- Engage families in classroom learning.
- Develop the families’ ability to strengthen learning at home.
- Promote after-school learning.
“When parents are involved both at home and at school, children do better in school, and they stay in school longer” (Henderson & Mapp, 2002).